Full course description
This course will provide participants with the essential knowledge of clinical research in a summarized and concise manner to understand the process of clinical trials and work toward building their skills for future research-related jobs.
After the course, participants should be able to:
- Develop a research question and formulate a testable hypothesis
- Design and implement a clinical research study
- Describe the skills needed for clinical research study
- Describe the skills to perform statistical analysis software
- Ethical principles in clinical research
- Scientific communication
- Literature mining and organization
- Critical evaluation of medical literature
- Framing a testable Question
- Designing a study of research
- Available sources of data
- used in clinical research
- Descriptive data analysis
- Inferential data analysis
- and risk of bias
- Presenting the study result
- Ethics subject research
Teaching: The course will be taught through series of online tutorials, online formative exercises, series of and discussion forums. It is compulsory that student take part in 90% of online tutorials. Self-directed learning is an essential component of this training. Electronic learning resources will be made available via our VLE.
Learning breakdown: Our online courses combine several elements to create a balanced blend of learning. Learners will be able to learn at their own pace during the week by viewing content, engaged in discussions, and completing assignments. It is expected that on the average, 8 to 10 hours per week is required for a course.
Assessment: Assessment for this course is based on summative assessment which counts to the module mark. Each summative assessment for a module will be made of a essay, scientific article of high standard, 15 minutes presentations, and 3000 worded final assignment.
Duration: 12 weeks
Commitment: 8-10 hours per week as follows:
Projected time (Hours)
Eligibility: The course is designed for clinical trial manager who want to improve their skills and understanding of statistics applied to clinical trials.