AHRO Masterclass in Oncology Nursing
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
The Masterclass in Oncology Nursing is meant for students who want to deepen and increase their knowledge and expertise in cancer care to enable them provide safe, effective and holistic care of people with cancer.
Aim of the Course
To develop the learners’ abilities for caring and competent practice in oncology nursing so that the learner can continue to provide excellent care to people affected by cancer (PABC).
The specific aims include
- Building and advancing learners’ portfolio of knowledge, skills, and professional values developed undergraduate studies and clinical practice.
- Develop proper understanding of theory utilised in oncology nursing practices.
- Provide students the required knowledge and aptitude for care of PABC.
- Provide student with the platform for developing self-directed capacity.
- Provide student with the framework to develop their skills in analysis and critical analysis to improve caring PABC.
After completion the course, student should be able to;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the immune system in cancer pathogenesis.
- Demonstrate safe and effective practice in administering, recording, an disposing of chemotherapeutic an others drugs used in the care of PABC.
- Participate in health education programs to promote cancer prevention and early detection.
- Assess, plan, provide and evaluate holistic culturally sensitive and evidenced-based nursing care for PABC, seeking to understand their physical, psychological and spiritual needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how personal and professional attitude, values, and beliefs can impact care of PABC and their families.
- Contribute effectively as member of multidisciplinary team.
- Introductory Module
- Basic Science of Cancer
- Administering Systemic Anticancer Treatments
- Prevention an Early Detection of Cancer
- Communication Management & Research
- Developing Cancer Nursing Clinical Practice
- Leadership and Resources Management
Interactive Lectures conducted online, Problem-solving exercise and case-based learning through a VLE platform. Course materials, including lecture notes and Power Point presentation, and other programme materials will be provided electronically.
Formative and Summative assessment. Learners would provide feedback via 1000 word written essay after each module and a 4000 written summative essay.
Nurses with degree and must be registered as a registered nurse (RGN) by appropriate body. A condition of your offer is nominating a workplace mentor and return of acceptable reference.
You will gain a CPD authenticated Certificate of Attendance.