Full course description
Public Health Management deals with managing public health challenges. This course would be beneficial to those who aspire to become leaders in healthcare institutions. You will study essential aspects of health needs and inequalities, as well as the principles governing management and organisational theories in terms of public health, health policy, and systems.
After taking part in this course, learners should be able to:
· Describe knowledge on managerial process
· Demonstrate knowledge in planning and its importance to sustain public health system
· Describe the rational and process constituted in strategic plan framework and leadership as management tools in health system
· Demonstrate knowledge on application of human resources management
· To explain purpose of policy mechanisms in public health
· Public Health Administration
· Health Systems Administration
· Human Resource Management
· Health Planning Program
· Implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation
· Health Economics
· Health Information Management
· Health System Research
· Train Methods for Community Health Professionals
Teaching Methods: Interactive Lectures conducted online, Problem-solving exercise and case-based learning through a VLE platform. Course materials, including lecture notes and Power Point presentation, and other programme materials will be provided electronically.
Assessment: Formative and Summative assessment. Learners would provide feedback via 1000 word written essay after each module and a 4000 written summative essay
1. Graduate of approved medical institute.
2. Graduates with professional training in nursing, dentistry, life sciences, veterinary medicine, etc with at least bachelor degree in science and at least one year experience or previous training in field of public health