AHRO Masterclass in Traumatic Brain Injuries Care
Time limit: 90 days
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
The aim of this course is to equip learners with the advanced and safer nursing techniques allowing them to professionally provide high quality care to clients who experienced traumatic brain injuries. The learners will apply high levels of decision-making, problemsolving and critical thinking concepts to contribute to health promotion, disease prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation care of clients with traumatic brain injuries.
This course is a set of 20 credits in time limit of 3 months (204 hours) which include theory (108 hours), and self-directed learning (96 hours).
- After taking part in this course, the learners should be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge in relation to traumatic brain injuries
- apply high levels of decision-making and problem-solving in nursing management of clients who experienced traumatic brain injuries
- use critical thinking skills in minimizing the complications of traumatic brain injuries.
- adopt high level communication skills as cornerstone in therapeutic relationships.
COURSE DISTRIBUTION IN HOURS
- Total course duration - 3 months = 12 weeks
- Theory - 3 hours per week for 3 days = 9 hours x 12 weeks = 108 hours
- Self-Directed Learning (SDL) - 8 hours per week for 12 weeks = 96 hours
- Total = 108 + 96 = 204 hours
Module 1: Overview on Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Definition of key terms
- Risk factors and cause of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Diagnosis of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Module 2: Current Evidence Based Practice in Management of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Emergency Treatment for Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Medications Nursing management of client with TBI
- Rehabilitation therapies
Module 3: Complications and preventive measures of TBI
- Complications of TBI
- Prevention of TBI
Module 4: Application of therapeutic communication skills in management of traumatic brain injuries
- Techniques to improve listening skills in management of traumatic brain injuries
- Techniques to improve talking skills in management of traumatic brain injuries
To be admitted in this programme, candidates must be nurses and/ or midwives - post registration.
TEACHING LEARNING METHODS
Interactive lectures conducted online (virtual learning environment) and on-site, problemsolving, and case-based approaches to learning. Course materials include lecture notes, PowerPoint presentation slides, and other relevant materials applicable to the course/ module.
The course will be assessed using the table below:
- Formative Assessment 30%
- Summative Assessment 60%
- Attendance 10%
Upon completion of the course, successful learners will be awarded with a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificate, provided they have passed their formative assessment at 50% and summative assessments at 50%, with 90% attendance in all the course activities.