Full course description
An ECG is a test that is carried out by sending a wave or electrical impulse through the heart to measure the electrical activity of the heartbeat. This electrical impulse causes the muscle to squeeze and pump blood from the heart to show the timing of the top and lower chambers of a heartbeat.
This course will provide the platform for participants to develop an in-depth knowledge in ECG analysis and build their skills in arrhythmia and conduction disturbances for best practice.
After participating in this intensive workshop, participants would be able to:
- Describe the electrical pathway of the heart.
- The practicality of ECG Tracing.
- Interpretation of ECGs such as describing the components of normal 12 Lead ECG.
- Identify myocardial infarction.
- Making a diagnostic analysis.
- Make a correlation between coronary artery anatomy and myocardial perfusion.
- Describing cardiac muscle and congenital heart diseases.
- Interpretation of various 12 lead ECG such as arrhythmias, chamber enlargement, function of pacemaker, effect of drugs/electrolyte imbalance on ECG.
- Principle of ECG generation
- Interpretation of normal ECG
- Normal ECG Trace
- Tachycardia- narrow QRS
- Tachycardia- wide QRS
- Sinus node disease
- Congenital heart disease
- Ischemic heart disease
- Diagnostic testing
- Impact of drugs/medications on ECG
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Myocardial infarction and acute coronary syndromes
- AV Blocks
- Chamber enlargement
- Bundle Branch blocks
- Inherited cardiac arrhythmias
- Pacemaker ECGs
- ICCU- ECGs
- Non-cardiac ECG Changes
- Troubleshooting and challenges in ECG
Interactive Lectures conducted online, Problem-solving exercise and case-based learning through a VLE platform. Course materials, including lecture notes and Power Point presentation, and other programme materials will be provided electronically.
Formative and Summative assessment. Learners would provide feedback via 1000 word written essay after each module and a 4000 (learners can go 10% beyond the 4000) written summative essay based on a topic of interest.
Healthcare Practitioners who uses Cardiac monitoring and Interpretation of ECG in the daily practices including associate practitioners, cardiac scientists, specialist nurses, and doctors.
You will gain a CPD authenticated Certificate of Attendance.