AHRO Masterclass in Applied Biostatistics
Time limit: 90 days
Spots remaining: 20
Full course description
This course is meant to increase learners’ knowledge in the application of descriptive and inferential statistics in public health. The focus of this course would be in public health and medicine.
The objective of this course is to assist learners develop advance skills in analysing and interpreting data.
After taking part in this course, learners should be able to:
· Demonstrate advanced knowledge in application of descriptive and inferential statistics
· Demonstrate knowledge of probability, probability distributions and application of principles of probability
· Demonstrate the use of statistical software in public health and biomedical context
· Introduction to Biostatistics
· Descriptive Statistics
· Inferential Statistics
· Hypothesis Testing
· Probability, Probability Distribution and Estimation
· Correlation, Regression and Survival Analysis
Interactive Lectures conducted online, Problem-solving exercise and case-based learning through a VLE platform. Course materials, including lecture notes and Power Point presentation, and other programme materials will be provided electronically.
Formative and Summative assessment. Learners would provide feedback via 1000 word written essay after each module and a 4000 written summative essay
Public Health researchers, public health nurses, statisticians
You will gain a CPD authenticated Certificate of Attendance.